Don't worry: cookies are quite simple and all webs need them to work properly. Here we will explain what cookies are and how we use them in our web.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to store and retrieve data from a terminal equipment on the user's computer, when accessing certain web pages, that are stored on the hard disk or in a temporary memory, and retains data on the user and on the navigation carried out from that computer, and that allow actions such as remembering password or elaborating faster queries.
Users can erase the cookies from their hard drive whenever they wish, or block the collection of information. If you do not want the cookies to be stored, you must configure the web browser for such use. If not stored, some features of ELROW may not be available, but you can browse the web. The information is only for the particular use of ELROW, and is not revealed or shared with third parties.
The information that this Web stores on your computer via this mechanism consists solely of a number that identifies a user, as well as preferences such as the preferred browsing language, and the date on which the cookie was deposited. This will allow us to recognize you in your next visits to our website. Cookies help us improve our website and provide a better and more personalized service. Specifically, they allow us to:
- Estimate numbers and patterns of use
- Store information on your preferences and tailor our website to your particular interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our website, as long as you access from the computer where you registered as a member with your name and password.
- Analyse user browsing (browsing statistics). The application used to obtain and analyse browsing information is: Google Analytics and Privacy Overview.
This tool does not obtain data of the names or surnames or the postal address from where they are connected or any other personal identification data of the user.
The information obtained concerns the number of pages visited, the language, social network in which our news is published, the city to which the IP address is assigned and from which the users access, the number of users who visit us, the frequency and repetition of the visits, the visit time, the browser they use, the operator or type of terminal from which the visit is made. We use this information to improve our pages, detect new needs and assess the improvements to be introduced in order to provide a better service to the users who visit us, adapting them for example to the most used browsers or terminals.
What kind of cookies does elrow use?
|TYPES OF COOKIES||PURPOSE OF THESE TYPES OF COOKIES|
|Session Cookies||Own||Own cookies are necessary to correctly display the website and ensure the proper functioning of the site. These cookies are related to the user's session and login. They collect the value relative to the Acceptance of cookies by the browser used by the user of the website, which remain in the browser's cookie file while you are on our website. That is, they are active for the duration of the visit to this website and therefore are deleted from your computer when you leave it.|
|Analytical Cookies||Google Analytics||These cookies are used to analyse the behaviour of users in an aggregated and anonymous way including the number of visitors to the web and its different pages, the origin of the visits, day and time, platform, search words that a user uses to find your desired content. In this way, ELROW uses a very helpful medium to be able to introduce improvements to the website and find out what content or design is most relevant to the user.|
|Advertising Cookies||Google & Carbon||Cookies that allow the management of advertising spaces based on criteria such as edited content or the frequency the ads are displayed|
How can you configure your cookies?
- Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet settings > Privacy > Configuration. For more information you can consult Mozilla support or the browser Help area.
- Mozilla Firefox: Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Customised Configuration. For more information you can consult Microsoft support or the browser Help area.
- Google Chrome: Configuration > Show advanced options > Privacy - > Content settings. For more information you can consult Google support or the browser Help area.
- Safari: Preferences > Security. For more information you can consult Apple support or the browser Help area.
- Opera: Configuration > Options > Advanced > Cookies. For more information you can consult Opera support or the browser Help area. If you use another browser apart from the ones mentions, consult its policy on installation, use and blocking of cookies.
What happens if you disactivate the cookies?
Some functions of the Services or areas of this web might not work.